Version 1.0 – January 2018
Who we are
Freetrade Limited (“Freetrade”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 783189). We take our obligations in relation to the use and security of your personal data seriously. This document constitutes our Privacy Notice to you.
If you have any questions about this notice please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
Our Information Commissioner’s Office registration number is ZA179260.
What information we hold about you
- Information submitted through the app or our website – for example, when you sign up to the app and provide details such as your name and address, or data we collect about how you use the app and our website;
- Details of your transaction history on the app, such as the shares you’ve bought and sold over time;
- Information which is tied to your usage or settings on your phone – for example, the mobile network you use, your IP address or operating system; and
- Information you give us explicit permission to access from your phone such as your geolocation.
We are committed to ensuring that the data we collect and retain about you will always be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
Please let us know if your information changes so that we can ensure the data we hold is accurate. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com, or writing to us at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
How we use your information
- To offer the services you instruct us to carry out as outlined in the Terms & Conditions;
- Help manage your account and rectify any problems;
- Track, analyse and improve the services we provide you and other customers with a view to improving them;
- Make regulatory or governmental reports based on your activity;
- Help prevent illegal activities;
- Market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you. You may always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to; and
- There may be times when you give us sensitive information such as any physical or mental health details. We’ll only use this information in strict accordance with the law with a view to giving you the best service possible.
Who will we share it with?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Anyone who works for us;
- Third parties that support us in offering services to you;
- Certain authorities to detect and prevent terrorism or other illicit activities; or
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with; and
- If we must disclose your personal data to comply with the law, or to enforce the Terms & Conditions or other agreements between us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or to obtain a copy of it. In order to action this please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE. We may charge you a fee for providing this information.
Things we don’t do
- We don’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their direct marketing unless you give us permission; and
- We don’t keep your personal information for longer than we are compelled to by regulation. We’ll then delete it securely and safely.
Where your data is stored
The data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored somewhere outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In certain circumstances it may also be processed by staff outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers.
Like most websites, ours utilises “cookies”. Cookies are small text files used to store information on web browsers. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. We refer to all of these instances as cookies. Note that cookies do not store any of your financial details.
Cookies help us to improve our website and give customers a better experience. For example, they can help you be recognised if you visit our website often and we can tailor our content and your experience accordingly.
If you wish to block cookies you can do this in your browser’s settings. Alternatively, just search ‘how to block cookies’.
Changes to this policy
We periodically review our policies and procedures in order to improve. You will be made aware upon any material changes being made here.