This promotion only applies to selected Freetrade customers who have received a direct communication from Freetrade inviting them to participate in the Account Funding Free Share Campaign.
They must be an existing user of Freetrade and have first opened a Freetrade Account before 1 June 2022, as well as have passed all of our onboarding checks, be a UK tax resident, have completed a W-8BEN form, and have had a zero balance in their Freetrade Account(s) in aggregate since 1 June 2022.
All eligible customers who meet a net funding minimum of £10 (i.e. deposits minus withdrawals) by 14 June 2023 will receive a free share (or bundle) worth £10. 🎁
To qualify, you must:
You’ll get a free share in your General Investment Account (GIA) usually within 28 days.
Your free shares(s) will drop into your General Investment Account, usually within 28 days of you qualifying. If your net minimum funding drops below £10 by the time of awarding, you won’t qualify for the offer.
Free shares are randomly selected from a list of interesting US and UK companies, ETFs, and trusts. Your free share (or free share bundle) will be worth £10.
We can’t offer swaps, but you’re free to sell your share.
Bear in mind the free share or any cash proceeds received in connection with its sale can only be withdrawn after 180 calendar days from the award date. Breaching this term will result in you having to repay the value of the free share.
The entire value of the share when sold may be subject to capital gains tax (CGT). You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen.
Tax depends on your personal circumstances and rules can change. If you are unsure about any tax implications, seek advice from a tax professional.
Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 June - 14 June, 2023.
1. Freetrade Limited’s (“Freetrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) account funding free share campaign (“Account Funding Free Share Campaign”) is offered subject to these Account Funding Terms & Conditions (“Free Share Terms & Conditions”). By taking any actions under the Account Funding Free Share Campaign, you agree to be bound by these Free Share Terms and Conditions. These Free Share Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
2. Under the Account Funding Free Share Campaign a free share (a “Free Share”) will be awarded to a relevant Account Holder who meets the criteria set out in these Free Share Terms and Conditions. In these Free Share Terms and Conditions, the award of the Free Share is referred to as the “Award”.
3. The Account Funding Free Share Campaign will be valid from 7 June 2023 to 14 June 2023 unless we extend that period. We may withdraw or amend these Free Share Terms and Conditions to the extent that the withdrawal or amendment is not to your detriment, by updating them on our website.
4. “Freetrade Account” means an investment account opened with Freetrade by a customer (the “Account Holder”). Freetrade Accounts are subject to Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions (which can be found here).
5. In order to qualify for an Award, an Account Holder must:
(a) must have received a direct communication from Freetrade inviting them to participate in the Account Funding Free Share Campaign;
(b) be an existing user of Freetrade and have first opened a Freetrade Account before 1 June 2022;
(c) have passed all of our onboarding checks;
(d) be a UK tax resident;
(e) have completed a W-8BEN form;
(f) have had a zero balance in their Freetrade Account(s) in aggregate since 1 June 2022.
(g) from no later than 14 June, have a tradeable value of not less than £10 in their Freetrade Account(s) in aggregate and they have not thereafter made a transfer or withdrawal that causes the tradable value to fall below £10 before the date of the Award.
6. At the time of the Award under these Free Share Terms and Conditions, each Free Share will have a value of £10 (GBP).
7. The value of a Free Share means its approximate market value based on the price of the financial instrument at the time of the Award. The Sender acknowledges that the value of a Free Share may go up or down over time.
8. Each Free Share is a financial instrument which is picked randomly by us from a pool of instruments we select for our Account Funding Free Share Campaign.
9. We will use our best endeavours to make any Award within twenty-eight (28) business days of the end of the Validity Period, provided that the relevant Account Holder still meets the criteria in section 5 on that date. If the Award has not been made within this timeframe, you should email email@example.com.
16. Employees and contractors of Freetrade will not be eligible for a Free Share Award in connection with our Account Funding Free Share Campaign.
17. We may refuse to make an Award if we reasonably consider that the Account Holder has engaged in activity we deem to be abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these Free Share Terms and Conditions.
18. If an Account Holder seeks to transfer out the Free Share or any cash proceeds received as a result of the sale of the Free share within one hundred and eighty (180) calendar days from the date of the Award then we may clawback, sell or cancel any relevant Free Share awarded to that person or sell any other shares held by us for that person and/or deduct cash from their Freetrade Account of an equivalent value to the Free Share, as permitted under applicable law.
19. Freetrade does not give tax advice or take account of your individual tax position. You are responsible for understanding your own tax position in relation to your Freetrade Account(s) and the Award.
20. Neither the making of an Award nor any of our communications in connection with the Account Funding Free Share Campaign constitute a recommendation by us to buy, sell, exercise any rights in or hold any financial instrument. Under no circumstances does Freetrade provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
21. If you have a complaint in respect of the Account Funding Free Share Campaign, you should contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, where your complaint will be handled in accordance with our complaints order handling procedure.