This promotion is available to new and existing Freetrade customers who have never topped up their Freetrade account prior to 1 December 2023. To receive free shares as part of this offer, eligible customers must top up their Freetrade account with at least £200 (net total) between 1 December and 25 December 2023. The net total is calculated as total deposits minus total withdrawals during the campaign dates.
Customers who qualify will receive a bundle of free shares from our Cash Investments collection worth approximately £20.
As a new customer:
As a current customer:
Only customers who make their first top-up within the campaign period are eligible for this offer. This could be either new customers who sign up within the campaign period or current customers who have never topped up their Freetrade account prior to 1 December 2023.
Customers who have previously topped up their Freetrade account are not eligible for this offer.
Yes, you can make several deposits that total £200 - it doesn’t have to be a lump sum.
Bear in mind that you need to top up with £200 net. This means we will add all your deposits and deduct all your withdrawals during the campaign period to determine your net funding amount.
For example, if you deposit £200, but then withdraw £100, your net funding amount is £100.
Cash Investments are a collection of low-risk ETFs from Freetrade. They track or try to outperform overnight rates, like the fed funds rate or Sterling Overnight Index Average (SONIA), or invest in ultrashort investment grade bonds.
Read more about the Cash Investments here.
Free shares chosen for this offer are £UESD and $ERNA from our collection of Cash Investments. If you qualify, you will receive a bundle of these instruments (either a mix of both or all of the same one) with a total value of approximately £20.
Your free shares will drop into your General Investment Account between 27 and 31 December 2023. If your net minimum funding drops below £200 by the time of awarding, you won’t qualify for the offer and won’t receive your free bundle of shares.
⚠️ Important: You’ll need to keep a net total of £200 in your account for at least 12 months after the campaign end date. In case the net funding of your account drops below £200, we have the right to claw back the free reward or an equivalent cash amount.
This offer only applies if you are making your first deposit into your Freetrade account during the campaign period. If you have topped up your Freetrade account prior to 1 December 2023, you are not eligible for this particular offer.
Yes. This offer is separate from our referral programme and you can receive a free share as part of both as long as you meet all the criteria.
1 December - 25 December 2023
1. Freetrade Limited’s (“Freetrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) free Cash Investments campaign (“Free Cash Investments Campaign”) is offered subject to these free Cash Investments terms & conditions (“Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions”). By taking any actions under the Free Cash Investments Campaign, you agree to be bound by these Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions. These Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions are governed by English law.
2. Under the Free Cash Investments Campaign, four free Cash Investment instruments from our collection of Cash Investments (each a “Free Cash Investment” and together, the “Free Cash Investments”) will be awarded to a relevant Account Holder who meets the criteria set out in these Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions. In these Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions, the award of the Free Cash Investments is referred to as the “Award”. Further information about our collection of Cash Investments can be found here.
3. The Free Cash Investments Campaign will be valid from 1 December to 25 December 2023 (“Campaign Period”) unless we extend that period. We may withdraw or amend these Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions to the extent that the withdrawal or amendment is not to your detriment, by updating them on our website.
4. “Freetrade Account” means an investment account opened with Freetrade by a customer (the “Account Holder”). Freetrade Accounts are subject to Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions (which can be found here).
5. In order to qualify for an Award, an Account Holder must:
(a) have passed all of our onboarding checks;
(b) have completed a W-8BEN form by no later than 25 December 2023;
(c) have not funded their Freetrade Account(s) before the start of the Campaign Period and thereafter have funded their Freetrade Account(s) in aggregate with a net amount of £200 or more during the Campaign Period. The net amount will be calculated by adding up all deposits and deducting all withdrawals made by the Account Holder during the Campaign Period; and
(d) have not made a transfer or withdrawal that causes the net amount in their Freetrade Account(s) in aggregate to fall below £200 before the date of the Award.
6. At the time of the Award under these Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions, theFree Cash Investments will have a value of approximately £20 GBP.
7. The value of the Free Cash Investments means its approximate market value based on the price of each Free Cash Investment (each a financial instrument) at the time of the Award. You acknowledge that the value of each Free Cash Investment may go up or down over time.
8. Each Free Cash Instrument is a financial instrument which is picked randomly by us from a small pool of instruments we have selected for our Free Cash Investments Campaign.
9. We will use our best endeavours to make any Award within thirty (30) business days from the end of the Campaign Period, provided that the relevant Account Holder still meets the criteria in section 5 on that date. If the Award has not been made within this timeframe, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Employees and contractors of Freetrade will not be eligible for Free Cash Investments in connection with our Free Cash Investment Campaign.
11. We may refuse to make an Award if we reasonably consider that the Account Holder has engaged in activity we deem to be abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these Free Cash Investments Terms & Conditions.
(1) the net amount in the Account Holder’s Freetrade Account(s) in aggregate falls below of £200 during twelve (12) months following the end of the Campaign Period; or
(2) the Account Holder seeks to transfer out any or all Free Cash Investments or any cash proceeds received as a result of the sale of any or all Free Cash Investments within six (6) months from the date of the Award,
then we may clawback, sell or cancel any relevant Free Cash Investments awarded to that person as the case may be, or sell any other shares held by us for that person and/or deduct cash from their Freetrade Account(s) of an equivalent value to the relevant Free Cash Investments, as permitted under applicable law.
13. Freetrade does not give tax advice or take account of your individual tax position. You are responsible for understanding your own tax position in relation to your Freetrade Account(s) and the Award.
14. Neither the making of an Award nor any of our communications in connection with the Free Cash Investments Campaign constitutes a recommendation by us to buy, sell, exercise any rights in or hold any financial instrument. Under no circumstances does Freetrade provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
15. If you have a complaint in respect of the Free Cash Investments Campaign. you should contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com, where your complaint will be handled in accordance with our complaints order handling procedure.