Open an account and/or refer a friend between Monday 22 May and Sunday 28 May 2023 to get entered into a prize draw to win one of 20 Tesla shares.
Winners will be drawn on 5 June 2023. 💰
20 x Tesla shares
There are two ways you can enter the Tesla share prize draw.
New Freetrade customers who sign up between Monday 22 May and Sunday 28 May 2023 (inclusive) will automatically be entered into the Tesla share prize draw if they have:
For every friend you successfully refer to Freetrade between Monday 22 May and Sunday 28 May 2023 (inclusive), you’ll automatically be entered into the Tesla share prize draw. A successful referral is when the person you refer has:
You will automatically get one entry if you qualify as a newly funded customer (as defined above).
Plus, you can get an entry for every friend you refer up to a maximum of 10 entries. Make sure you use the Referral Link in your app to qualify. 🎟
Yes, for successful referrals you’ll still get your usual free share worth between £10 and £100 under our regular Free Share Referral Programme which is governed by our Referral Programme Terms and Conditions. 🎟
To refer a friend:
The probability is weighted, so more expensive shares will be rarer.
The winners will be contacted on Monday 5 June 2023, via push notification, in-app message and email (as long as they have not unsubscribed).
We will aim to award the Tesla shares to winners by 14 June 2023.
We can’t offer swaps unfortunately, but you’re free to sell any shares you may have won.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that neither receiving a Tesla share through the prize draw nor any mentions of particular securities in our communications as part of it represents any recommendation by Freetrade to buy, sell, or hold any particular security. Freetrade does not give investment advice.
The entire value of the share when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen.
Tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek advice from a tax professional.
0:01 on 22 May 2023 until 23:59 on 28 May 2023
1. Freetrade Limited’s (“Freetrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) Tesla free share referral prize draw (“Tesla Prize Draw”) is offered subject to these Tesla Prize Draw Terms & Conditions (“Prize Draw Terms & Conditions”). Freetrade is incorporated and registered under the laws of England and Wales with registered company number 09797821) having its registered office at 10 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4YP, United Kingdom. We are the promoter of the Tesla Prize Draw.
2. By taking any actions in connection with the Tesla Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions. These Prize Draw Terms & Conditions are governed by English law.
3. Under the Tesla Prize Draw, 20 Winners will each win a Tesla share for free (ISIN: US88160R1014 which is traded on the NASDAQ) (a “Free Tesla Share”). A Sender or a Recipient who has: (i) successfully completed a Valid Referral during the Validity Period in accordance with these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions; and (ii) met the eligibility criteria below will qualify for entry into the Tesla Prize Draw (each an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”). A “Winner” is a Sender or Recipient who has entered the Tesla Prize Draw and has won a Free Tesla Share. In these Prize Terms & Conditions, the date on which the Winners are drawn by Freetrade in the Tesla Prize Draw will be referred to as the “Draw Date”.
4. A Sender and a Recipient will qualify for Entry at any point during the Validity Period (see above). No person will qualify for Entry after the Validity Period has ended. We can extend or shorten the Validity Period at our discretion. We may withdraw or amend these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions to the extent that the withdrawal or amendment is not to your detriment, by updating them on our website.
5. A Sender or Recipient will not be required to pay any charges in connection with their Entry. There may however be separate charges associated with your Freetrade account.
6. Any Freetrade account opened will be subject to Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
7. A “Valid Referral” occurs when all of the steps in (a) - (b) below have been completed during the Validity Period:
(a) the Sender sends the referral link provided by us (“Referral Link”) via the Freetrade app to a Recipient; and
(b) the Recipient uses the Referral Link to successfully sign up to a Freetrade account.
8. A referral which has met the criteria at (a) - (b) above ceases to be a Valid Referral if the Sender or Recipient stops meeting any of their eligibility criteria set out at section 11 or section 13 below on or before the Draw Date.
9. Referrals and sharing of Referral Links must not be made through public communications. For example, Referral Links must not be shared on public social media platforms or forums such as posting on Instagram, Tik Tok, Reddit and YouTube (with the exception of the direct messaging services). The Sender must comply with the terms and policies of any website or application where a Referral Link is shared. Referral Links may only be used in connection with the Tesla Prize Draw and for no other purpose whatsoever.
How a Sender qualifies for Entry into the Tesla Prize Draw
10. In order to qualify for an Entry into the Tesla Prize Draw, a person making a referral (a “Sender”) must:
(a) meet the eligibility criteria in section 11; and
(b) have made a Valid Referral to a Recipient who meets the eligibility criteria in section 13.
11. The Sender’s eligibility criteria are that they:
(a) are an existing customer of Freetrade;
(b) have passed all of our onboarding checks;
(c) are aged 18 years or over;
(d) are a UK tax resident;
(e) have completed a W-8BEN form;
(f) from no later than 4 June 2023 at 23:59, have a tradeable value of not less than £50 in their Freetrade account(s) in aggregate and they have not thereafter made a transfer or a withdrawal that causes the tradable value to fall below £50 before the Draw Date.
How a Recipient qualifies for Entry into the Tesla Prize Draw
12. In order to qualify for an Entry into the Tesla Prize Draw, a person receiving a referral (a “Recipient”) must:
(a) meet the eligibility criteria in section 11; and
(b) have received and completed a Valid Referral from a Sender who meets the eligibility criteria in section 7.
13. The Recipient’s eligibility criteria are that they:
(a) are a family member or a friend of the Sender;
(b) are not an existing or previous customer at the time they receive the Referral Link;
(c) have used the Referral Link to become a new customer of Freetrade and have opened a Freetrade account by 4 June 2023 at 23:59;
(d) have passed all of our onboarding checks;
(e) are aged 18 years or over;
(f) are a UK tax resident;
(g) have completed a W-8BEN form; and
(h) have a tradable value of not less than £50 in their Freetrade account(s) in aggregate by 4 June 2023 at 23:59 and thereafter they have not made a transfer or withdrawal that causes the tradable value to fall below £50 before the Draw Date.
Prize Draw Limitations
14. A person participating in the Tesla Prize Draw (whether as a Sender, a Recipient or both) is entitled to one Entry per Valid Referral, up to a maximum of ten (10) Entries.
15. Each Winner can only win one Free Tesla Share under the Tesla Prize Draw.
16. Winners will be chosen randomly by Freetrade using software on the Draw Date.
17. You will need to ensure that they are able to receive push notifications, in-app message and emails from Freetrade in order to be notified by Freetrade that they are a Winner, otherwise we will be unable to tell you if you have won a Free Tesla Share in the Tesla Prize Draw.
Awarding the Free Tesla Share to Winners
18. We will use our best endeavours to award the Free Tesla Share to each Winner by 14 June 2023 at 23:59. If the Free Tesla Share has not been awarded to a Winner within this timeframe, the Winner should email email@example.com.
19. Employees and contractors of Freetrade or its affiliates may make a Valid Referral in accordance with these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions, but they will not be eligible for a Free Tesla Share in connection with the Tesla Prize Draw.
20. We may refuse to award a Free Tesla Share to you (if you are a Winner) if we reasonably consider that you have engaged in activity we deem to be abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions. We further reserve the right to prevent any person from participating in any future competitions run by Freetrade or its affiliates where such person has engaged in such activity under these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions.
21. Freetrade does not give tax advice or take into account of your individual tax position. You are responsible for understanding your own tax position in relation to your Freetrade account(s) and the Free Tesla Share (if awarded to you as a Winner).
22. Neither awarding a Free Tesla Share nor any of our communications in connection with the Tesla Prize Draw constitute a recommendation by us to buy, sell, exercise any rights in or hold any financial instrument. Under no circumstances does Freetrade provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
Your personal data
24. Unless we are allowed to use your personal data under applicable data privacy laws, you have the right to object to our use of your personal data. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that our ability to perform our obligations under these Prize Draw Terms & Conditions may be affected if you exercise your right to object under this section.
25. Freetrade may however have a legal obligation to share the personal data of Winners and certain information about the Tesla Prize Draw with the Advertising Standards Authority on its request pursuant to Rule 8.28.5 of the ASA CAP Code.
Making certain information available
26. Freetrade is required to publish or make information available on request that a valid award took place in accordance with Rule 8.28.5 of the ASA CAP Code once the Tesla Prize Draw has finished. To comply with this legal obligation, we will send the surname and county of the Winner to anyone who emails email@example.com within one month after the end of the Validity Period.
27. If you have a complaint in respect of the Tesla Prize Draw you should contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, where your complaint will be handled in accordance with our complaints order handling procedure.