To qualify for this offer you must open your Freetrade ISA between 9 February and 5 April 2023.
Add at least £1,000 in cash or by transfer into a new Freetrade ISA and we’ll give you a free share worth between £10 and £200.
This promotion will end on 5 April 2023. Find more info in the FAQs and terms and conditions below.
Step 1: Open an ISA with Freetrade between 9 February and 5 April 2023.
Step 2: Add cash or start an ISA transfer of at least £1,000 into your ISA on or before 5 April. ISA transfers must be completed by 17 May 2023 to count towards a free share. Other eligibility rules apply, see the terms and conditions.
Step 3: Keep your ISA open. If you make withdrawals or transfers which cause your relevant ISA value to fall, your free share value will be impacted. If it falls below £1,000, you will not be awarded a free share.
Step 4: We’ll drop the free share into your General Investment Account (GIA) within 90 days of you qualifying.
⚠️ Eligibility to invest into an ISA and the value of tax savings depends on personal circumstances and all tax rules may change. Before transferring an ISA you should check you will not lose valuable guarantees and that you understand any transfer charges that your existing provider may apply.
We will award the free share within 90 days. This is dependent on you keeping your ISA open, not withdrawing or transferring to below £1,000, and your subscription fees paid until we award the free share. You can read the full eligibility criteria in point five of the terms and conditions below.
The value of the free share you receive will depend on the amount you put into your ISA before the deadline. Free shares are awarded according to the tier you fall into.
Bear in mind you can put a maximum of £20,000 into your 2022/23 ISA. To receive a free share valued at £200, you will need to put in the maximum ISA allowance or transfer an existing ISA of equal or higher value that you hold with another provider.
The relevant value of the Freetrade ISA will depend on:
But remember: If you withdraw or transfer any amounts out of your Freetrade ISA which causes its value to fall, then this lower value will be used to determine whether you get a free share and how much it is worth.
This offer is only for ISAs opened and funded between 9 February and 5 April 2023.
If you are transferring an ISA, you have until 17 May 2023 for your transfer to be completed and to be counted for the award.
You can only receive one free share under this offer. If you put more into your ISA after you receive your free share, you won’t qualify for an additional award. If you have any queries about this, email email@example.com.
Due to rules around the ISA annual allowance, your free share will be awarded to your General Investment Account (GIA).
If you make a withdrawal or transfer which causes the value of the Freetrade ISA to fall or you close your Freetrade ISA before we award the free share, then this will affect whether you get a free share and how much that free share is worth.
If we award you with a free share, and in the 12 months after you opened your ISA you make a withdrawal or transfer which causes the value of the Freetrade ISA to fall below £1,000 or you close your Freetrade ISA, then Freetrade may take back any free share awarded or an equivalent value from your GIA.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Validity Period: 9 February 2023 at 00:01 to 5 April 2023 at 23:59.
1. Freetrade’s (“Freetrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) 2023 ISA Free Share Offer is valid for the Validity Period, which we may choose to extend. By participating in the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer, you (the “Participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“2023 ISA Free Share Offer Terms and Conditions”). These terms are governed by English law.
2. A Participant will qualify for the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer if the Participant has met the eligibility criteria in condition 5 below.
4. Freetrade may withdraw or amend the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer and these 2023 ISA Free Share Offer Terms and Conditions by updating our website to the extent that the withdrawal or amendment is not to the relevant Participants’ detriment.
5. Subject to condition 6, for a Participant to be eligible for a free share under the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer:
a) they must not already have a Freetrade ISA immediately before the start of Validity Period;
b) they must not have received a free share under any of Freetrade’s previous ISA free share offers since 1 January 2022;
c) they must have been accepted by Freetrade for a Freetrade ISA which is opened before the end of the Validity Period, including having met Freetrade’s relevant application, onboarding and account opening requirements; and
d) their Freetrade ISA must have received net at least £1,000 GBP (the “Minimum Funding Amount”) by means of either or both of:
e) their Freetrade ISA must remain open, and the Participant must not have made a withdrawal or transfer which causes the value of the Freetrade ISA to fall below the Minimum Funding Amount at any time before we award the free share in accordance with condition 11;
f) they must not be in breach of Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions or the Freetrade ISA Terms and Conditions, have any outstanding liability to Freetrade, or have behaved in a way that we reasonably consider to be abusive, in bad faith, or fraudulent.
6. Employees and contractors of Freetrade are not eligible to receive a free share under these 2023 ISA Free Share Offer Terms and Conditions.
Value and awarding of the free share
7. The value of a free share awarded under the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer is set out in the table below.
8. The “relevant value” is the value of:
a) the Freetrade ISA on the last day of the Validity Period; or
b) if you initiated one or more transfer(s) before that date, the date on which the last of those transfer(s) is received into the Freetrade ISA before 17 May 2023;
unless the Participant makes a withdrawal or transfer which causes the value of the Freetrade ISA to fall below the applicable value in A or B, in which case the “relevant value” is that lower value.
9. Free shares will be randomly selected from a pool of instruments we select for the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer. The value of a free share means its approximate market value based on the price of the financial instrument at the time of award. The Participant acknowledges that the value of a free share may fluctuate, meaning its price may go up or down after it has been awarded.
10. Any free share under the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer will be awarded by being placed into the Participant’s Freetrade General Investment Account.
11. Freetrade will use its best endeavours to award any free share to which the Participant is entitled under the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer within ninety (90) calendar days from the date the Participant first meets the criteria outlined in A to D of condition 5. If the free share has not been awarded within this timeframe, the Participant should email email@example.com.
12. If, within 12 months of opening the Freetrade ISA, the Participant makes a withdrawal or transfer which causes the value of the Freetrade ISA to fall below the Minimum Funding Amount or closes the Freetrade ISA, then Freetrade may clawback, sell or cancel any free share awarded to the Participant as part of the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer or sell any other shares held by us for the Participant and/or deduct cash from the Participant’s account of an equivalent value to the free share, as permitted under applicable law.
13. Freetrade does not give tax advice or take account of a Participant’s individual tax position. The Participant is responsible for understanding their own tax position in relation to the Freetrade ISA and the award of a free share.
14. Neither receiving a free share under the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer nor any of our communications in connection with the 2023 ISA Free Share Offer constitute a recommendation by us to buy, sell, exercise any rights in or hold any financial instrument. As soon as a free share is awarded, the Participant is responsible for making a decision about whether to hold or to sell that free share. Under no circumstances does Freetrade provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
When you invest your capital is at risk.
Eligibility to invest into an ISA and the value of tax savings depends on personal circumstances and all tax rules may change.
Before transferring an ISA you should check you will not lose valuable guarantees or be charged excessive transfer penalties.
Before making your decision to transfer an ISA to Freetrade, please read our page on transferring, which explains the options available and gives you the important information you need to know.
The entire value of the share when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen.
Tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek advice from a tax professional. Tax rules for ISAs can change and their benefits depend on your circumstances.