1. AI Chat is an artificial intelligence tool which uses an API provided by OpenAI (Openai.com). Responses from Chat AI are not generated by a human.
2. AI Chat is in experimental development. You agree to use AI Chat on a trial basis as part of Freetrade’s testing and development of AI Chat (the “Test”). As such, you must use Chat AI only to participate in the Test by exploring the functionality and usability of Chat AI (the “Permitted Use”).
3. Availability. AI Chat will only be made available to you if you are an existing customer of Freetrade and you have been invited to participate in the Test. We can stop the Test and/or stop making AI Chat available to you at any time and for any reason.
4. Content. You may provide input (questions) to AI Chat (“Input”), and receive output (responses) generated and returned by AI Chat based on the Input (“Output”). Input and Output are collectively “Content.” As between you and us and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you own all Input. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we hereby assign to you all our rights, title and interest in and to Output for the purposes of the Permitted Use. We may use Content to provide and maintain AI Chat, for the purposes of the Test, to comply with applicable law, and to enforce our policies. You are responsible for your use of Content, including for ensuring that it does not violate any applicable law or these Terms.
5. Risk of inaccuracy. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are rapidly evolving fields of study. Given the probabilistic nature of machine learning, use of AI Chat may in some situations result in incorrect Outputs that do not accurately reflect real people, places, or facts. The source data that AI Chat uses has not been updated since September 2021 and so Outputs may be out of date. You should check the accuracy of any Output yourself. You should not rely on Outputs or use them for any purpose other than the Permitted Use.
6. Similarity of Content. Due to the nature of machine learning, an Output may not be unique across users and AI Chat may generate the same or similar output for another user. Responses that are requested by and generated for other users are not considered your Content.
7. No investment advice. You are responsible for your own investment decisions. AI Chat is designed for you to ask general questions about investing and the Freetrade App. You must not use Chat AI to give you advice on the merits of buying, selling or holding particular investments (“Investment Advice”) and you should not rely on any responses given by Chat AI as if that response was Investment Advice.
8. Use restrictions. You must not:
A. reverse assemble, reverse compile, decompile, translate or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying components of models, algorithms, and systems of AI Chat;
B. use AI Chat in any manner that violates applicable laws, regulations, or infringes upon the rights of any third party;
C. use output from AI Chat to develop models that compete with AI Chat or Open AI;
D. rely on Output as being accurate and complete;
E. treat any Output as being Investment Advice or make investment decisions on the basis of any Output;
F. give access to AI Chat to any other person or use AI Chat for another person’s benefit;
G. create any Input which is unreasonable, offensive or inappropriate; or
H. use AI Chat for any of the purposes set out in OpenAI’s “Disallowed Usage or our Models” as listed here https://openai.com/policies/usage-policies.
Any use of AI Chat which is described in A-H is expressly not a Permitted Use.
9. Monitoring. As AI Chat is provided for the purposes of the Test, you agree that we may monitor your use of AI Chat and the Content. You should not input any information into AI Chat that is personal, confidential or sensitive to you or to anyone else. Any information that you do input will be visible to Freetrade and its personnel.
10. Data Privacy. You should avoid including yours or anyone else’s personal data in Inputs. To the extent that you do share any personal data during the course of your use of AI Chat, you expressly consent to our use of your personal data for the purposes of the Test, and you represent that you have the authority to do so. You understand and agree that your use of AI Chat may involve us transmitting data to OpenAI's servers, including text Inputs and Outputs. [We have agreed arrangements with Open AI for the collection, storage, and use of any data you provide through AI Chat.]
11. Feedback. As part of the Test, you may give us feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements. If you provide any of these things, we may use it without restriction or compensation to you.
12. Right to use. You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to access and use the AI Chat solely for the Permitted Use.
13. Intellectual Property. AI Chat, including any software, content, and documentation, is protected by intellectual property laws and remains the property of Freetrade and its licensors. Apart from your right to use as set out in these Terms, you have no ownership, interest or rights to AI Chat or any relevant intellectual property.
14. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability. AI Chat is provided "as is" and without any warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, either express or implied. Freetrade shall not be liable for (1) any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your use of or your inability to use the AI Chat or (2) any losses suffered by you unless those losses are caused by our negligence, fraud or wilful default.
15. Indemnification. You agree to reimburse us in full from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, or expenses arising out of your use of AI Chat which is in breach of these Terms.
16. Security. You must implement reasonable and appropriate measures designed to help secure your access to and use of AI Chat. If you discover any vulnerabilities or breaches related to your use of AI Chat, you must promptly contact us and provide details of the vulnerability or breach.
17. Termination and suspension. We may suspend or terminate your access to the Chat AI at any time for any reason, without prior notice.
18. Changes to Terms. We may modify or update these Terms at our discretion. If we do this, we will tell you what the changes are.
19. Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.