How does this promotion work?
Step 1: Open an ISA between the 28th of February and 5th April 2022.
Step 2: Deposit or transfer at least £1,000 into your ISA within 14 days of opening it. Transfers must complete by the 17th of May 2022 to qualify for a free share.
Step 3: We’ll drop the free share into your General Investment Account (GIA) within 90 days of you qualifying.
⚠️ Eligibility to invest into an ISA and the value of tax savings depends on personal circumstances and all tax rules may change.
What free share will I receive?
The free share should be worth at least £50 at the time of awarding.
When will I get the free share?
We will award the free share within 90 days. This is dependent on you keeping your ISA open and your subscription fees paid during the 90-day period.
Can you put the free share in my ISA?
Due to rules around the ISA annual allowance, your free share will be awarded to your General Investment Account (GIA).
What if I want to close or withdraw from my ISA?
If you close or withdraw from your Freetrade ISA within one year of receiving a free share under this offer, the free share you received will be forfeited.
If you have sold the free share before closing the ISA, you will have to repay to Freetrade the value of the free share at the time of awarding.
I don’t like the free share I received. Can I swap it?
We can’t offer swaps unfortunately, but you’re free to sell your share.
Bear in mind that if you receive a free share under this offer, and then close your ISA within one year of opening it, you will have to repay to Freetrade the value of the free share at the time of awarding.
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
ISA Free Share Promotion Terms and Conditions
Validity of offer from (and including): 28 February 2022 to 5 April 2022 (“Validity Period”)
Last updated: 28 February 2022
Please note that eligibility to invest into an individual savings account and the value of tax savings depends on personal circumstances and all tax rules may change.
- Freetrade’s (“Freetrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) individual savings account (“ISA”) free share offer (“ISA Free Share Offer”) is valid for the Validity Period, which we may choose to extend at our full discretion. By taking any actions under the ISA Free Share Offer, you (the “Participant”) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions”). These terms are governed by English law.
- Under the ISA Free Share Offer, a free share (an “ISA Free Share”) will be awarded to the Participant who has met the eligibility criteria set forth below.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make an update, we will post the updated version of the ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions on our website here and provide you notice of the update. Continued participation in the ISA Free Share Offer after any update shall mean that the Participant has agreed to the update(s) made by Freetrade.
- These ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions are in addition to Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions (as may be updated from time to time) which can be found here (as long as this is not to your detriment). In the event of any conflict between the ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions and Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions, these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions apply.
- Freetrade may end the ISA Free Share Offer and these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions at any time or may decide to not renew the ISA Free Share Terms & Conditions at the end of a validity period by giving you written notice.
- Subject to condition 16, to be successfully eligible for an ISA Free Share under this ISA Free Share Offer, the Participant must:
a. Not have received a free share from Freetrade under or in connection with any of Freetrade’s previous ISA free share offers in the past twelve (12) months;
b. Have completed a W-8BEN form; and
c. Subject always to conditions 7 and 8, perform one of the following actions:
(i) ISA Funding: open a Freetrade ISA during the Validity Period and deposit an amount of not less than £1000 (GBP) (the “Minimum ISA Amount”); or
(ii) ISA Transfer: open a Freetrade ISA during the Validity Period and transfer not less than the Minimum ISA Amount from his or her third party ISA.
- For the purposes of these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions, the Minimum ISA Amount can be either in the form of a cash amount, the market value of securities or both of the foregoing. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that Freetrade shall: (i) have the sole right to determine the market value of such securities; and (ii) determine the market value of such securities as at the date on which such securities form part of the Participant’s Freetrade ISA.
- The Participant must comply with the following timeframes in connection with its obligations under condition 6(c) (as applicable):
a. For ISA Funding: The Participant must deposit the Minimum ISA Amount within fourteen (14) calendar days of opening their Freetrade ISA; or
b. For ISA Transfers*: The Participant must: (i) commence the process of transferring his or her ISA from a third party ISA provider to Freetrade within fourteen (14) calendar days of opening his or her Freetrade ISA; and (ii) such ISA transfer must be fully completed by 17th May 2022.
The Participant acknowledges that failure to perform the relevant actions within the timeframes set forth in this condition 8 will result in the ISA Free Share award to lapse.
*Prior to transferring a third party ISA to Freetrade, please read our page on transferring, which explains the options available and outlines important information you need to know in connection with such action.
- Each ISA Free Share awarded under these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions will be valued at approximately £50 (GBP).
- The Participant acknowledges that: (i) each ISA Free Share is a financial instrument which is selected randomly by Freetrade from a pool of instruments we select for our ISA Free Share Offer; and (ii) Freetrade shall have the sole discretion to determine the exact value of the ISA Free Share to be awarded to the Participant hereunder. The value of an ISA Free Share means its approximate market value based on the price of the financial instrument at the time of award. The Participant acknowledges that the value of a Free Share may fluctuate, meaning its price may go up or down.
- Subject to the Participant’s compliance with the conditions set forth in these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions, we will aim to award an ISA Free Share to the Participant within ninety (90) calendar days from the date on which the Participant successfully meets the eligibility criteria outlined in condition 6 (“ISA Award Timeframe”). The ISA Free Share will be deposited into the Participant’s Freetrade General Investment Account (“GIA”).
- The Participant acknowledges that Freetrade makes no guarantees whatsoever the ISA Free Share will be awarded in the Award Timeframe. If the Free Share has not been awarded within the ISA Award Timeframe, the Participant must email firstname.lastname@example.org. For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances shall the Participant be entitled to any form of compensation for our failure to award the ISA Free Share within the ISA Award Timeframe.
- The Participant acknowledges that either closing or withdrawing from their Freetrade ISA within twelve (12) months from the date on which such Freetrade ISA was opened will result in forfeiture of the ISA Free Share or the amount equal to the value of the Free Share at the time of awarding.
- The Participant must pay the monthly subscription fee (“ISA Subscription Fee”) in connection with his or her Freetrade ISA. Details of the ISA Subscription Fee can be found here. The Participant acknowledges that failure by it to pay the monthly ISA Subscription Fee prior to the award date of the ISA Free Share will result in the ISA Free Share award to lapse.
- The Participant acknowledges that it may be subject to tax implications upon receiving a Free Share. Under no circumstances shall Freetrade be held liable or responsible for any such tax implications.
- The Participant acknowledges that employees and contractors of Freetrade are not eligible to be awarded an ISA Free Share in connection with the ISA Free Share Offer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, an ISA Free Share will be awarded to Participants who are eligible. The Participant must be a UK tax resident to be eligible for the ISA Free Share Offer. Those who are of US nationality or dual US nationality and reside in the UK are expressly excluded. We reserve the right to refuse to onboard prospective Participants who fail to meet the eligibility criteria outlined in these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions at any given time.
- Neither receiving an ISA Free Share nor any of our communications in connection with the ISA Free Share Offer constitute a recommendation by us to buy, sell, exercise any rights in or hold any financial instrument. Under no circumstances does Freetrade provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
- We reserve the right to modify, pause, suspend or end: (i) the ISA Free Share Offer, in whole or in part; and (ii) the Participant’s ability to either participate in the ISA Free Share Offer, at any time without cause, including for any suspected activity we deem to be abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions.
- If we determine a breach of these ISA Free Share Terms and Conditions, we may clawback, sell or cancel or take any other action as permitted under applicable law in respect of any ISA Free Share awarded to the Participant or proceeds from such award received by the Participant in his or her account that relates to such breach. We may exercise these rights in respect of a Participant’s ISA Free Share or proceeds in the event that the breach arises from the actions of the Participant.
Eligibility to invest into an ISA and the value of tax savings depends on personal circumstances and all tax rules may change.
Before making your decision to transfer an ISA to Freetrade, please read our page on transferring, which explains the options available and gives you the important information you need to know
The entire value of the share when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen.
Tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek advice from a tax professional. Tax rules for ISAs can change and their benefits depend on your circumstances.