Validity of offer from
3 August 2023
1. Freetrade Limited’s (“Freetrade”, “we”, “us” or “our”) Partner free share referral campaign (“Free Share Referral Campaign”) is offered subject to these Free Share Referral Terms & Conditions (“Referral Terms & Conditions”). By taking any actions under the Free Share Referral Campaign, you agree to be bound by these Referral Terms & Conditions. These Referral Terms & Conditions are governed by English law.
2. Under the Free Share Referral Campaign a free share (a “Free Share”) will be awarded to a relevant Recipient who has successfully completed a Valid Referral from a partner or influencers who advertises Freetrade’s products and services (a “Partner”) in accordance with these Referral Terms & Conditions. In these Referral Terms & Conditions, the award of the Free Share is referred to as the “Award”.
3. The Free Share Referral Campaign will be valid for a period of twelve (12) calendar months from the validity offer date above, unless we extend that period. We may withdraw or amend these Referral Terms & Conditions to the extent that the withdrawal or amendment is not to your detriment, by updating them on our website.
4. Any Freetrade account opened will be subject to Freetrade’s Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
5. We may pay to the Partner a fee or commission in respect of the referrals that they make. This fee or commission may be based on the number of Valid Referrals that they generate.
Making a valid referral
6. A “Valid Referral” occurs when all of the steps in (a)-(b) below have been completed:
(a) the Partner publishes a relevant referral link provided by us (“Referral Link”); and
(b) the Recipient uses the Referral Link to successfully sign up to a Freetrade account.
7. A referral which has met the criteria at (a) - (b) above ceases to be a Valid Referral if the Recipient stops meeting any of their eligibility criteria set out at section 10 below before the date of the Award.
8. You must not share Referral Links on public social media platforms or forums such as posting on Instagram, Tik Tok, Reddit and YouTube (with the exception of the direct messaging services). You must comply with the terms and policies of any website or application where a Referral Link is shared. Referral Links may only be used in connection with the Partner Free Share Referral Campaign and for no other purpose whatsoever.
How a Recipient qualifies for an Award
9. In order to qualify for an Award, a person receiving a referral (a “Recipient”) must:
(a) meet the eligibility criteria in section 10; and
(b) have received and completed a Valid Referral from Partner.
10. The Recipient’s eligibility criteria are that they:
(a) are not an existing or previous customer at the time they receive the Referral Link;
(b) have used the Referral Link to become a customer of Freetrade and have opened a Freetrade account;
(c) have passed all of our onboarding checks;
(d) are a UK tax resident;
(e) have completed a W-8BEN form; and
(f) have a tradable value of not less than £50 in their Freetrade account(s) in aggregate within thirty (30) calendar days of using the Affiliate Link and thereafter they have not made a transfer or withdrawal that causes the tradable value to fall below £50 before the date of the Award.
Value of the Award
11. At the time of the Award under these Referral Terms & Conditions, each Free Share will have a value between £10 (GBP) and £100 (GBP).
12. The value of a Free Share means its approximate market value based on the price of the financial instrument at the time of the Award. The Recipient acknowledges that the value of a Free Share may go up or down over time.
13. Each Free Share is a financial instrument which is picked randomly by us from a pool of instruments we select for our Partner Free Share Referral Campaign. The selection is made such that:
(a) the probability of each Free Share is weighted so more expensive shares will be rarer; and
(b) the approximate distribution of the value of Free Shares is available here (see section entitled ‘What kind of free share can I get?’ in the Free Share FAQs).
Making the Award
14. We will use our best endeavours to make any Award within twenty-eight (28) business days of a Valid Referral first occurring under section 5 (a) - (d) above, provided that the relevant referral remains a Valid Referral on that date. If the Award has not been made within this timeframe, you should email email@example.com.
15. Employees and contractors of Freetrade will not be eligible for a Free Share Award in connection with our Partner Free Share Referral Campaign.
16. We may refuse to make an Award if we reasonably consider that the Recipient has engaged in activity we deem to be abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these Referral Terms & Conditions.
17. If a Recipient seeks to transfer out the Free Share or any cash proceeds received as a result of the sale of the Free share within one hundred and eighty (180) calendar days from the date of the Award then we may clawback, sell or cancel any relevant Free Share awarded to that person or sell any other shares held by us for that person and/or deduct cash from their Freetrade account of an equivalent value to the Free Share, as permitted under applicable law.
18. Freetrade does not give tax advice or take account of your individual tax position. You are responsible for understanding your own tax position in relation to your Freetrade account(s) and the Award.
19. Neither the making of an Award nor any of our communications in connection with the PartnerFree Share Referral Campaign constitute a recommendation by us to buy, sell, exercise any rights in or hold any financial instrument. Under no circumstances does Freetrade provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
20. If you have a complaint in respect of the Partner Free Share Referral Campaign, you should contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, where your complaint will be handled in accordance with our complaints order handling procedure.